[Nottingham] FS: Eee PC 901 Modded with touchscreen

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Tue Dec 7 12:23:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

just out of interest which Ion based netbook are you looking at? I
have the HP Mini 311c[1] but I saw the Reg had a different Ion netbook
(Asus Eee PC 1215N) in their roundup[2]

I've upgraded the HP Mini to 3Gb of RAM and I'm replacing the drive
with an SSD[3] for Xmas... I'm wondering if the Atom CPU will hold
back the SSD performance.

The 1215N seems better but is quite a bit more expensive. The HP Mini
runs Fedora with Nouveau, I used to use the Nvidia drivers but Nouveau
is bearable. There's a small bug with the touchpad but apart from that
it works well.

[1] http://www.ebuyer.com/product/186601
[2] http://www.reghardware.com/2010/12/06/years_test_laptops/
[3] http://www.ebuyer.com/product/225415