[Nottingham] Help with Ubuntu 10.10 - Graphical interface crash continued

Steve Hawkins h84ll1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 13:15:57 UTC 2010

In order to backup the documents you want I would personally try this before
getting too down and dirty with the Terminal.

   - Boot live CD
   - Insert the drive you'll backup to and check it mounts ok
   - Open terminal and enter "gksudo nautilus" without the quotes
   - The file browser should come up (nautilus) and be using root
   permissions
   - browse to your files you want to back up and copy to the backup drive

Worth a try, I used to use this method to edit menu.lst without any hassle,
hopefully it'll work for the files you want to backup