[Nottingham] Nottingham Digest, Vol 373, Issue 5

Barry Allen barry_a_14 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 13:03:37 UTC 2010

Hi Guys,

I'm starting to think it may be a hardware problem too. Does the live CD create a temp file on the hard disk to use a bit like swap space? I noticed my hard disk light was running when I tried to boot from the live CD. Could be just checking what hardware is available but noticed it was on during the startup until it shutdown again.

I got hold of a copy of the new knoppix 6.4 by buying a linux mag (linux user I think) but no joy same as Ubuntu 8.04. it is a double sided DVD and has fedora 14 on the other side so will give it a try too.

Thanks for the help Duncan. Will keep you informed.

Cheers

Barry