[Nottingham] Dead USB Memory stick?

James of the family Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 15 18:38:23 UTC 2010

there's a utility (win32 unfortunately, but I'm pretty sure I should
be able to load it on a laptop and bring it wednesday) that does a
lowlevel format of /any/ flash drive then repartitions it. I think
it's a HP utility. I find it useful for flashing new sd cards so I can
use them in my v3.

On 2/15/10, Camilo Mesias <camilo at mesias.co.uk> wrote:
>> Very annoying if it's just one stuck bit in one block out of the 8GBytes!
>
> You don't *know* that though - it might be a minor media error, or
> corrupt metadata... in any case you probably wouldn't want to continue
> using the device for anything remotely important :)

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici