[Nottingham] Linux Live

Bob Marshall mbob71 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 17:13:14 UTC 2010

Hi - I tried netbutin and had some success with it, but the big advantage of Live Linux is that it creates persistence on the key letting you keep your files until you decide what you want to do with them; additionally, you can choose from a wide range of distros from the site's mirrors or use any distro's .iso file to create the key; it is supposed to work from a CD too but I couldn't get that to work for some reason.

A key like this might also be useful for banking or visiting less than reputable sites - not that I know any, of course!

Sorry about the unnecessary shorthand - MM is Micro Mart, a weekly mag on all sorts of computing and cheap bits!

Regards.