[Nottingham] query on new laptop

Paul Tew binarybod at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 18:53:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

I walked in to PCWorld, Mansfield and saw the spec on my Compaq (a.k.a.
'HP') Laptop (model: CQ60-32SA) which is 64bit AMD, nvidia graphics, 4GB
memory and other stuff...

I told them I wasn't needing Windoze so they struck off the software
support on my receipt (well thanks tech guys - I suppose you aren't up
to the task).

Ubuntu 10.04 64bit running all my forensic applications like a dream -
brilliant!

As a bonus, the webcam works, the wireless works, compiz works; in
short, <double negative> nothing doesn't work </double negative>.

Footnote: I asked Microsoft for a refund - 6 months later and constant
pestering later, no reply. Maybe because I have a licensed VM running
from the same IP address??

Paul Tew
Notts Police eCrime Unit