[Nottingham] query on new laptop

stripes stripes at roppa.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 12:18:17 UTC 2010

Thanks folks your replies.

Just chatted with Dell online and was told that they do not sell
laptops with linux .  Below is the transcript of the chat:

Dell:  I am afraid we do not have any laptops with Linux operating system
me:  According to your website you do. And I did buy one a couple of
years ago, it was an XPS M1330 with Ubuntu on it.
Dell:  yes it is mentioned on the web site
Dell: but we do not have any
me: What a pity! Windoze is a nightmare, will have to look for another
make. OR, do you refund the Windows tax before we go the small claims
court or afterwards?
Dell: We do not have such options
me: OK then. Will go for HP. cheers

Seems very odd.  I suggest that you too ask them the same and see what
they do!  Maybe after enough questions they will straighten up and see
sense.

cheers