[Nottingham] [Social] *TODAY* Wednesday 21/07/2010 Big Wok 'n' Beer!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Jul 24 16:33:15 UTC 2010

On 21/07/10 09:07, Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> **TODAY*
>
> *WEDNESDAY* ! *;-)
>
> The Big Wok!

All good plans 'n' all that?...

On the night, I found the Big Wok to be a building site (closed for
refurbishment until 01/09/2010)! That explains why they weren't
answering the phone... Nearby, the Maysum was understandably overly busy
and I could only make a booking for later in the evening.

We met up in Langtrys. There was the usual collection of online devices
but due to network problems in London, there was only limited internet
connectivity. So much for any of the super-techno-geeks sending out an
email to the list!

As it turned out, we all met up in Langtrys ok and headed off to
Chiquitos nearby. I've a vague memory that that might have been what we
had decided the previous month in any case... Quick dash to cancel the
Maysum booking and voila!

Does that count as a JIT meeting? ;-)

A very good welcome to Richard and Joanne, making for a very widespread
international meeting.

And congratulations to Michael and thanks for the beer :-)

I wisely kept off the cocktails this time... Very good nosh over various
discussions spanning the world, Microsoft licensing headaches, networks,
Fred Dibnah, radial triple-expansion steam engines, Stirling engines,
other engines, solar power, Linux installing, and various other bits...

Next meeting is in the Nav on Wednesday 04/08/2010.
Next nosh is at the Red Hot Buffet Shack, Hockley, Wednesday 18/08/2010.

Anyone suggest a favoured pub to meet in the Hockley area?

martin at ml1.co.uk