[Nottingham] Wordpress and NLUG website

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 12:23:17 UTC 2010

On 27/07/10 23:18, Martin wrote:

> Next is... How to customise the look enough that it doesn't look like
> just another Wordpress site!
>
> Any volunteers to play with a few themes for the new revamped NLUG website?

Let me know to set up a test site or two to experiment with. A 'beauty
contest' then decides the best for NLUG.

Any takers?

Aside: The Wordpress "Create A Network" didn't do what I wanted. It
works fine for allowing a multitude of personal blog sites on the same
domain, but not across multiple domains.

http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_MU
http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

Instead, I'm trying out the method on:

Manage Multiple WordPress Sites With One Database and One Code Base
http://snipplr.com/view/8999/manage-multiple-wordpress-sites-with-one-database-and-one-code-base/

Simple and nice :-)

Let me know if anyone wishes to play Wordpress for a new NLUG...

martin at ml1.co.uk