[Nottingham] Maillist notes

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sun Jun 6 14:29:56 UTC 2010

Michael,

I guessed that might be the case... :-)

Perhaps you need this for your modern reading needs:

http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/il_430xn62215404.jpg

to go with your ultimate Tux Gaming Machine[*] :

http://blog.makezine.com/upload/2010/04/victorian_computer_command_center/Steampunk-organ-cockpit-desk%20%2815%29.JPG

:-p

On 03/06/10 16:09, Michael Simms wrote:
> I'll stop top-posting when my mail reader automatically works out the
> start of the bottom posted message and scrolls me to there. Until then,
> I'm not going to conform to pre-screen Victorian era writing standards
> when it is always more convenient to read top-posted messages when you
> have actually been following the thread, as that is where your mail
> reader opens the mail to.
>
> Bottom posting is a relic of history, no longer appropriate in the
> modern age.
>
> Sure, if you haven't been following the thread it makes it harder to
> just jump into the middle, you actually have to make the effort to
> understand the subject and... wait that's a good thing.

Not at all. I did consider including a 'health warning' but also thought
best not to add too much temptation! ;-)

> Martin, you KNOW I'm going to say this, are you TRYING to start a
> flamewar {:-)

I think a good and useful discussion has been stirred. I've had a few
thoughts stirred and been prompted to look at alternatives...

All in a good example of open-source discussion I hope...

[*] Victorian computer command center organ cockpit desk thingy
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/04/victorian_computer_command_center.html

martin at ml1.co.uk