[Nottingham] Wave

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Mon Jun 7 20:21:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 12:20 +0100, Camilo Mesias wrote:
> Are there really people out there who are resisting having a Google
> account? It seems a bit peevish IMO. If someone currently has no
> google account, then makes one and uses it solely for trying out Wave,
> it's not exactly selling your soul, is it?

I don't know about resisting having a google account.  I use google for
mail myself daily (although not right now) but I totally understand not
wanting to use wave as a means of communication, especially for
something like nlug.

Using wave doesn't allow users to choose their own clients in the same
way that email does.  I certainly don't have much of a problem with
google (most of the time), but I certainly don't want to make a choice
that forces others to use their software either.

--
Martin.