[Nottingham] Wave

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Tue Jun 8 20:43:33 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 08 Jun 2010, Martin wrote:

> If there's interest in the Google Wave, we should have an experiment and
> see how well it works (or not). Who's interested?

I'd be interested in giving it a go; I've looked at Wave but never used it.  I
am away in China for a couple of weeks from Friday, though - I doubt that Wave
would be affected by the Great Firewall, but it has to be a possibility.

> Previously, we've kept off forums for usage reasons. I guess the
> maillist format suits most people very well.

I think the ideal would be something which combined the two - a forum which
automatically mailed posts to those who'd opted in to mail, and which could do
mail-to-forum postings too.  Anyone know of anything quite like that?

--
David Aldred