[Nottingham] Changing OSx for Linux

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 20:22:21 UTC 2010

If I remember correctly from my iBook owning days the airport cards are
Broadcom based.
If so you'll need some extra firmware which is reasonably easily acquired,
there always used to be plenty of documentation for this a short Google
away.

If you go for Yellowdog I'd be surprised if there installation didn't handle
this, as iirc the class of hardware you have is their target market.

Cheers,
Joshua

On 21 Jun 2010 20:25, "TJ" <linux at tjworld.net> wrote:

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 19:46 +0100, Benjamin Crowe wrote:
> I also have a airport card installed on m...
Boot it from a Live-CD and try it.