[Nottingham] Location tracking "services"...

James Holland modestforagenius at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 15:45:26 UTC 2010

A lot of GPS apps for smartphones are very useful.
I can't say anything about iphone, but on Android there's apps that
record your jogging routes, tell you what's nearby, and help you find
where you left your car.
If they're closed, they're not sending information, and you can always
turn GPS off by default, which is better for the old battery anyway

On 29 June 2010 15:23, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Is this good, bad, dubious, or plain ugly?
>
> Location-Tracking Services: Why You Should Think Twice
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/199929/locationtracking_services_why_you_should_think_twice.html?tk=hp_new
>
> Congress Questions Apple Over Privacy Concerns
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/199880/congress_questions_apple_over_privacy_concerns.html
>

> I can see where some features would be very useful for a user, but I
> also see wide scope for some very intrusive abuse...
>
> I think some very carefully crafted laws are needed to catch up with
> this one!
>
> One to watch...
>
> Cheers,
> Martin