[Nottingham] Hardware recycling?

TJ linux at tjworld.net
Sat May 8 17:35:47 UTC 2010

I am wondering if there is a local facility, or interest in this group,
for recycling or swapping unwanted and surplus PC components?

Currently the only facility I know of - covering absolutely everything -
are RealCycle and FreeCycle.

I seem to collect an enormous amount of 'bits' over time, from monitors
( I have 8 or 9 including some SGI and Sun 21" CRTs), cases (~20), PSUs,
motherboards, scanners, printers, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM/writers, floppy disk
drives, surround-sound systems (4.1, 5.1, etc.), DSL modems, PCI (and
ISA!) adapters, PCMCIA WiFi adapters, and countless cables and other
'stuff'.

I'm currently having a rationalisation (replacing the SGI and Sun 13W3
monitors with wall-mounted VGA TFTs using 13W3<->VGA converters), and
ridding myself of the pile of cases stacked to the ceiling. I also want
to reduce the unused SVGA CRTs and ~18 mobos and PSUs, scanners and
printers.

If anyone is interested I could prepare a itemised list of what there
is.