[Nottingham] [Social] *Tomorrow* Wednesday 19/05/2010 Kayal South Indian

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri May 21 23:05:20 UTC 2010

On 18/05/10 11:57, Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> *Tomorrow* Wednesday 19/05/2010
>
> A little different this week and I hope is to people's tastes with a
> sample of Southern India's area of Kerala. Quite different from the
> 'usual Indian' style. Mild and veggie tastes are included.
[---]

> Kayal
>
> 8 Broad Street
> Nottingham
> NG1 3AL
> 0115 9414733
>
> http://www.kayalrestaurant.com

A good session was had and I thought the Kayal was rather good. Very
tasty and subtly spicy. Shall have to go there again.

No cocktails this time which made for a much better next day!

Next social 16/06/2010 is at Antibos to try that establishment after
rather a long time now.

For discussion is whether we should try the Broadway Cafe if that might
be to peoples' tastes?

Next talk on Wednesday 02/06/2010 is going to be interesting with Jason
explaining and enthusing about *"Cooperating Operating Systems"*

With ever greater parallelism in the hardware for everyday computing,
support for taking advantage of that hardware parallism by the OS and
applications is going to get ever more important. Is this a long awaited
'fork' of the ideas that started the GNU attempt to develop the forever
evolving HURD?... Or merely 'clustering' gone mad? Or micro-clustering
even??

More details nearer the time!

Cheers All,

martin at ml1.co.uk