[Nottingham] Hints, tips and err... errors ;-)

Roger Light roger at atchoo.org
Wed Nov 10 10:31:07 UTC 2010

> rm doesn't have a Gentoo-esq "p" for 'practice'...

I alias rm to "rm -I" (that's a capital i), which the man page
describes as "prompt once before removing more than three files, or
when removing recursively.  Less intrusive than -i, while still giving
protection against most mistakes".  Useful even if you aren't doing a
recursive delete.

My favourite mistake of old, which generally doesn't seem to be a
problem any more was trying to restart the ssh server whilst connected
via ssh.

Cheers,

Roger