[Nottingham] Website Theme version b

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Oct 9 10:21:58 UTC 2010

On 09/10/10 04:35, Phil Whitaker wrote:
> On my 10.1" netbook, nlug.wp.ml1.co.uk <http://nlug.wp.ml1.co.uk>
> displays fine, as does nottlug.blogspot.com
> <http://nottlug.blogspot.com>, but nlug.c25.eu
> <http://nlug.c25.eu> doesn't - the left and right blocks end up misaligned.

Interesting and curious. I'll try them on mine.

> I'm still not keen on the green-on-black theme of nlug.c25.eu
> <http://nlug.c25.eu>.  AS a big fan of WordPress, my preferred option
> would be to convert nottlug.blogspot.com <http://nottlug.blogspot.com>
> to WP and add WPTouch, a Twitter / Ident.ca plugin etc.

I'll give WPTouch a try. There's already RSS and atom on there as part
of the Wordpress stuff.

Note that my attempt is just an example. Email me offlist if anyone
would like to have a play! Or this can be a good chance to showcase
ideas on whatever site.

I think the target should be Worpress. Mainly because Wordpress 3 caused
a nice positive stir, and because we have it working!

> On 9 October 2010 01:05, Going It Alone <reggaemaker at gmail.com
> <mailto:reggaemaker at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     R-E-T-R-O.  Is compuserve still around?? :D

Hey! Simple is nice! :-)

>     On 9 October 2010 00:45, Paul Sladen <notlug at paul.sladen.org

>     >
>     > How do they compare to the 2002-era?
>     >
>     >  http://www.paul.sladen.org/notlug/site/

Wow! We ain't been to J. D. Wetherspoons Pub on St. James Street for a
long time...

I may scrape the old events list off there for the new site, thanks.

How you doing for your sailing adventure? The new QE has just docked in
Southampton... ;-)

martin at ml1.co.uk