[Nottingham] [Social] Wednesday 20/10/2010 The New Big Wok (Peachy Keens)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 15:09:23 UTC 2010

On 18/10/10 12:18, Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> This Wednesday, on a very auspicious day for numerologists[*], we head
> off to try the "New Big Wok":
>
> *Wednesday 20/10/2010 The New Big Wok: Peachy Keens*
>

> Details on:
> http://nlug.wp.ml1.co.uk/2010/10/social-the-new-big-wok/19
[---]

> * Numerology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerology

Well, not so sure about the auspiciousness...

Good to see the Big Wok supporters and even a very brief flying visit by
Michael E on his way to the NottHacks. Langtrys had some very good
Hobgoblin on tap which heightened expectations for moving on to Peachy
Keens...

... And we were kept waiting at the door for 20 mins despite having
booked. Just on the verge of giving up we were finally welcomed in.

The place has certainly been revamped from the Big Wok and they've got
more staff added to the Big Wok staff. Unfortunately, the manager was a
little overstretched and they're still clearing a few teething problems.

For the vegetarians (pescatarians even :-) ), I thought it was rather
good and really enjoyed their vegetarian Thai curry. Good selection of
other dishes. However, the meat eaters were kept waiting yet longer to
eventually receive their duck rather cold. That was further compounded a
short while later by the ice cream machine breaking down.

The manager tried hard and soothed things a little with a free round of
drinks.

The price at the end of the night was very fair and so no possible
complaints there.

We hope they very soon get sorted because we'd like to try them again
soonish.

The big question is... Until then, where next? And somewhere student
friendly!

Next meet is a Nav two-mini-talks on Wed 03/11/2010. Watch the list!

martin at ml1.co.uk