[Nottingham] Introduction

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Sep 13 11:59:43 UTC 2010

Mat,

> I was looking for a local LUG to join and there doesn't seem to be one
> in my home town, but judging from mailing list traffic, you guys seem
> like one of the most active groups near by.
>
> I'm a software engineer by day and an open source contributor by night
> so maybe I'll be able to answer the odd linux/programming related
> question. Maybe. Also, as a member of the Fedora project, I look
> forward to winding up Ubuntu users. ;-)
>
> Elsewhere on this list I've read that you meet the first Wednesday of
> the month. Is there any particular time?

You'll be most welcome. Hope you're not going to have to travel too far.

Then again, we do have some recent international members drop by from
California, Greece, Australia, Sheffield, and Southwell...

We meet on the first and third Wednesdays each month somewhere in
Nottingham city centre. We also occasionally ("Blue Moons") meet up in
Beeston. Other splinter group meet-ups are very welcome also.

My bus ride in is a little slow so I'm usually seen on such nights with
a Linux mag in hand. Otherwise on a 'talk' night, just sniff out the
netbooks!

Hope to see you along,

martin at ml1.co.uk