[Nottingham] [Social] *TODAY* Wednesday 20/04/2011 A Fyne Loch Do

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 00:17:32 UTC 2011

On 20 April 2011 00:01, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> *TODAY* Wednesday 20/04/2011
>

>> This month, for something a little differently fishy…
>> http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/2011/04/a-fyne-loch-social/192

And a swimmingly good session it was.

Hopefully, the one of our group that hit the Fyne whiskey isn't going
to suffer too badly later this morning. Who knows what mutant might
ensue from some reverse twisted whiskey randomised DNA! Anyone seen
Frankenstein?... ;-)

So... The beer was good, and so also was the fishy stuff good. To be
tried again.

Of various topics covered, we included corporate IT, networking,
virtualisation, maintenance, redundant provision, management not
understanding redundant provision let alone wanting to pay for it yet
also not wanting to pay for it not being there when needed, RAID and
disk failures, Holland, Poland, WWII, Enigma, U-571 (U-505), Bletchley
Park, Alan Turing, Entropy, ... , smartphone tools, where to eat next.

... All good stuff!

All good fun and a good grouping.

Until the next nosh!