[Nottingham] Advice on best tablet sub £150

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 09:56:26 UTC 2011

Pat,

Hope you had a good holiday!

> Due to lack of time and other factors, I bought the Advent Vega on
> recomendation.  I managed to update it and get the android market option

> is that it didn't have the gps option.  You have to rely on a wi-fi
> connection for updating the maps.  No satnav type option.  Anyway all in
> all, I am still pleased with it but will now try living with it.
>
> Thanks again for all the replies, they were a great help.  Just a pity I
> didn't have more time to make a more informed decision, but still happy with
> my purchase.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've just seen someone using an 'oversized mobile phone-like' tablet
device that is basic but very neat running Android and a snip at just
over £100. Makes the various dedicated 'ebooks' look silly. Didn't
notice what make/name, but that looks ideal for holiday use.

For your GPS:

Has the device actually got a GPS receiver but the problem is that it
doesn't store any maps on the device?