[Nottingham] Advice on best tablet sub £150

gadgetpat gadget.pat at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 22 01:11:15 UTC 2011

On 22/03/2011 18:14, gadgetpat wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I've left it a bit late but any advice welcome from the collective to
> solve my problem.
>
> I am trying to get hold of a tablet with all the bells and whistles
> for under £150....

> Anyway, requirements are (in no particular order) android, web cam,
> skype via wifi conection, fast(ish or est) processor, wifi, gps for
> the google maps, web browsing, email and the g-force thingy that
> allows it to play / use the apps that support it. What brand or spec
> do you advise I go for?

Hi,

Just an update the query I asked a while back.

Due to lack of time and other factors, I bought the Advent Vega on
recomendation.  I managed to update it and get the android market option
installed.  It survive the holiday and it worked pretty well.  The only
issue was that I didn't have internet access for long periods (due to
the location of where I was) and so didn't get to do the contacting the
family as often as I wanted. The other thing I didn't realise at the
time of buying is that it didn't have the gps option.  You have to rely
on a wi-fi connection for updating the maps.  No satnav type option.
Anyway all in all, I am still pleased with it but will now try living
with it.

Thanks again for all the replies, they were a great help.  Just a pity I
didn't have more time to make a more informed decision, but still happy
with my purchase.

Pat