[Nottingham] Considering the last talk...

Paul Tew binarybod at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 15:13:41 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-04-30 at 12:37 +0100, Sergiusz Pawlowicz wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 11:41, Paul Tew <binarybod at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You just need to be aware that if someone uses your IP address to download
> > some unlawful material then the police would be reasonable in suspecting
> > that you did it.
>
> "unlawful materials" - i have heard it many time during communism in poland.
>
> s.

I used the term 'unlawful material' in a deliberate attempt to avoid
using terminology that is pretty distasteful to a great number of people
(hence the reason it is unlawful). I certainly don't use it as a
euphemism for anything the police or other instrument of officialdom
might consider to be subversive (which is what I think you were
inferring). If you want to know the kind of thing I mean, then the
principle piece of legislation in England and Wales is Section 1 of The
Protection of Children Act 1978
(http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1978/37 ) although there are other
bits of legislation in a similar vein.

Usually when people see for the first time, the kind of thing I have to
look at on a daily basis, it makes them feel sick.

Paul