[Nottingham] Considering the last talk...

David Aldred davidaldred at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 16:22:31 UTC 2011

On 30 April 2011 16:50, Sergiusz Pawlowicz <sergiusz at pawlowicz.name> wrote:

> I cannot leave my car unlocked, because by law, I will be responsible
> for an accident. Do you want to tell me, that through the internet it
> is possible to create an accident, and additionally, I can be
> responsible for it, as well?

Through allowing anyone who wants it access to your internet connection you
may well enable people to act criminally, which is worse than an accident.

And yes, you're responsible for it.  Accepting responsibility as an adult
for your actions or inaction is a fundamental part of the social contract
which is the basis of civilisation.  Unless, of course, you're a committed
anarchist, in which case any discussion with you of responsibility and
society is void.

--
David Aldred