[Nottingham] Considering the last talk...

Sergiusz Pawlowicz sergiusz at pawlowicz.name
Sat Apr 30 23:20:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 00:02, Richard Hodgson <rich at dearinternet.com> wrote:
> Rounding up, that's still one sick person out there, distributing illicit
> images of children to... him or her self, presumably?
> It's that, or these 'numbers' are as ridiculous as they sound.
>
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 23:39, Roger Light <roger at atchoo.org> wrote:
>>
>> > 0.00000001% of society is sick
>>
>> I'm sure you were all wondering - that's 0.7 people in the whole world.
>>
>> Based on that number, leaving your wireless open sounds fine.

OK, so I have found numbers [0]. There are ~1200 children sex
offenders in the UK, it means one per 203 square kilometres. Let us
say one tenth of them is related to production of images you are
trying to convince me is essential to keep my wifi military protected.
It gives one per 2000 square kilometres.

S.

[0] http://www.clusterweb.org.uk/UserFiles/KSCB/File/Resources_and_Library/MAPPA_The_1st_5_yrs_01-06.pdf