[Nottingham] Considering the last talk...

ForkBombFluf fluf at freeshell.org
Sat Apr 30 23:38:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, 1 May 2011, Sergiusz Pawlowicz wrote:

> OK, so I have found numbers [0]. There are ~1200 children sex
> offenders in the UK, it means one per 203 square kilometres. Let us
> say one tenth of them is related to production of images you are
> trying to convince me is essential to keep my wifi military protected.
> It gives one per 2000 square kilometres.
>
> S.
>
> [0] http://www.clusterweb.org.uk/UserFiles/KSCB/File/Resources_and_Library/MAPPA_The_1st_5_yrs_01-06.pdf

But let's also not forget that those 1200 will tend to be clustered around
telephone poles, so the actual distribution will depend upon telephone
poles per unit of area itself.  (Telephone poles, which cause babies of
course, if you're into that whole correlation equals causation thing.)

So remember to set up your open access point as far away from any
telephone pole as is possible.  :-)

(The bill for my provision of this insightful information service to you
is in the post, by the way.  Please excuse the "Dirk Gently's Holistic
Detective Agency" letterhead-- that was us trying to save money by using
the former owner's paper up.)

Cheerz,

-Stef