[Nottingham] In the market for a new router?

Benjamin Crowe sneblot at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:04:48 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I have just been asked by my house mate to get a new G router as the one we
currently have keeps needing to be reset as the signal constantly drops
out. Our current router is a Philips SNB5600 which has to support 4
computers on a network 3 of which are being used almost constantly the 4th
is just a media machine which is used to stream videos and music to the
lounge.

Here is the current problem, the router does not seem to be strong enough
to support all four machines at once most of the time it can only support
two of them, and one of these machines has a wired connection.

So I'm currently looking for a router which will be able to support 4 or
more computers at once with out much problems.

Network usage is rather heavy lots of BBC iplayer and the like, as well as
some online gaming.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Regards
Ben