[Nottingham] Gas meter theft

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 12:29:50 UTC 2011

On 13/12/11 10:50, Jason Irwin wrote:
[---]
> don't think I want a spark-source in the cabinet with the meter for
> obvious reasons.  So security lights is the first step, cheaper and
> easier than having the meter moved inside.

Unfortunately, looks like you can expect them back for 'kitting out
their mates' with the same trick...

A job for the Hackspace team?

If you can be sure to only detect when the box/hood is opened, you could
add a good loud siren to wake up the dead... One thing to watch out for
is to make sure the scumbags don't also smash or steal your security
gizmos...

Hope it doesn't spoil your move in.

Good luck,

martin at ml1.co.uk