[Nottingham] Gas meter theft

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 13:00:23 UTC 2011

On 13/12/11 12:29, Martin wrote:
> A job for the Hackspace team?
Might be.

> If you can be sure to only detect when the box/hood is opened, you could
> add a good loud siren to wake up the dead...
That was my thought, but I don't want a potential spark-source in the
cabinet e.g. I could fix a rape alarm inside, connect the tag to the
door.  If you don't know it's there and open the door too far without
making it safe, then off it sounds.  Problem is, I think the alarm is a
potential spark-source and in the event of a gas leak it could get nasty.

I've looked around and ever the "anti-vandal" cabinets use the standard
key, because people need access in an emergency.

--
Jason Irwin