[Nottingham] Gas meter theft

Rich Lovely roadierich at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 13 23:33:02 UTC 2011

On 13 December 2011 13:18, Jason Irwin <jasonirwin73 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13/12/11 13:06, Mike Haber wrote:
>> If someone is going to remove their gas meter, why don't they just connect up the two ends of the pipes,
>> and have unmetered gas?
> I asked the TransCo guy that.  Two main reasons.
> 1) If you by-pass the regulator you will blow the pipes in your hours.
> 2) The connectors are non-standard and not normally available precisely
> to stop people doing just that.
>
> Of course with access to the correct tools, none of the above is an
> issue.  Just potentially suicidal.
>
> --
> Jason Irwin

You could position the siren outside the box, and just route a
string/wire in through a hole.  Camouflaging it is your only issue
then.

--
Rich "Roadie Rich" Lovely

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't necessarily mean you SHOULD.
In fact, more often than not, you probably SHOULDN'T.  Especially if I
suggested it.

10 re-discover BASIC
20 ???
30 PRINT "Profit"