[Nottingham] Gas meter theft

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 09:01:30 UTC 2011

On 13/12/11 23:32, Rich Lovely wrote:
> You could position the siren outside the box, and just route a
> string/wire in through a hole.  Camouflaging it is your only issue
> then.
What would probably be simplest is a light-sensitive diode in the
cabinet, wires to a bell inside the house.  Should even work at night
once the security lights are in place. The question is, how much of my
GCSE physics can I remember?

Or have the sparks (we have one coming) wire a door sensor to the alarm
system.  Whether ours is smart enough to have zones or how much of a
risk that would be, I don't know.

What I find strange is that there is simply no advice available on how
to stop meter thefts.  All there is is PR crap from the supply companies
telling one how bad utility theft is.  Not much help really.

--
Jason Irwin