[Nottingham] Wireless dongle ....

MattT matthewbpt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 16:18:56 UTC 2011

I assume you're running Ubuntu (being a member of the ubuntu advertising
team). You shouldn't need to use ndiswrapper for this driver as it seems the
ar9170 atheros chipset is supported in the Kernel from 2.6.31 onwards (
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ar9170). That said, she website
doesn't mention your vendor so I'm not entirely sure. What I would do is
download the firmware file mentioned on the site and put it in
/lib/firmware/ , uninstall ndiswrapper completely and then run 'sudo
modprobe ar9170usb' from a terminal. It may work after doing that.

NOTE: You should be running at least Ubuntu 10.04 I think, as it provides
kernel 2.6.32.

Matt