[Nottingham] Wireless dongle ....

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 9 17:20:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 16:16 +0000, MattT wrote:

>         NOTE: You should be running at least Ubuntu 10.04 I think, as
>         it provides kernel 2.6.32.

Thanks for that.  Yes, I am running Ubuntu 10.04 on the netbook I want
to use.  The modprobe command connects to the dongle straight away.  I
just hadn't found the right module.  I'll build that in to /etc/modules
for future.  The chipset is Atheros AR9170.  Hadn't really worked that
out until you pointed me to linuxwireless.org.  This is the first time
I've had to mess with a wi-fi dongle.

Regards,		Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/