[Nottingham] Hi all!

Dan Caseley dan at caseley.me.uk
Tue Jan 11 17:04:10 UTC 2011

Hi Jason,

I've not heard of anything bad on O2, but BT Home Broadband was terrible for
that a few years back. They used to throttle everything encrypted back to
40KB/sec. If you want to push or pull a large amount of data over a VPN,
that'd be a real pain.

Virgin isn't dependant on the distance to the local telephone exchange, so
is likely to give you a faster line speed. That said, again for moving data
about, they also do a bit of traffic
management<http://shop.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management/traffic-management-policy.html>themselves,
nicking 75% of your bandwidth if you shift too many 1's and 0's.

I use Be <https://www.bethere.co.uk>. They're good.

HTH,

Dan