[Nottingham] VirtualBox

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 18:31:09 UTC 2011

On 16/07/11 14:19, James Moore wrote:
> hmmm... performance isn't really an issue for me, I'm on a quad core.  I
> was more concerned with stability, particularly concerning dynamic
> partitions and journaling (virtual) filesystems.

Never had an issue at all (always used EXT4 or NTFS), but then I've not
been setting up very detailed partitions on the virtual drive.
Performance with the dynamic size isn't so much a factor of CPU, but how
things respond to the virtual driver re-reporting it's size to the guest
kernel.

--
Jason Irwin