[Nottingham] [Social] *TODAY* Wednesday 15/06/2011: Fat Cats!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 14:44:12 UTC 2011

On 15 June 2011 16:09, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> Folks,
>
>> *TODAY* Wednesday 15/06/2011:
>
> Observers set for lunar eclipse
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13779506
>

> ... There's also our Fat Cats nosh! :-)

And as ever, a good session was had by all.
http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/2011/05/fat-cats/265#comment-13

Some of what we discussed included: student exams, medics, GNU/Linux,
GNU, GPL, Richard Stallman's printer, lunar eclipse, solar eclipses,
the next astronomical NLUG talk (GAIA), Patrick Moore, cloud and rain,
solar power/heating, solar materials, misrepresented or incompletely
reported research for scam Marketing, the wonders of rsync, backups,
Dr Who, broadcast TV, music formats and restrictions, satellite TV,
Laylandii, Nottingham Barcamp, hamster wheel power generation,
airports, new build apartments vs apartments in renovated/remodelled
old buildings, famous local Nottingham street characters, and lots
more in between.

And Eva(sp?) took all night before noticing the Fat Cats
'catwalk'-like style stairs and elevated ramp to the upstairs area...
Good subsequent exclamation :-)

We finished off in the Bell to some pretty good open-mike stuff.
Whereupon, we were charmed by Nottingham's 31-years-in-the-job
walkabout evening fish seller. Anyone remember his name? (We propose
that he should be made a Freeman of the City :-) )

See picture on: http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/2011/06/ds-sea-food/296

Future noshes are to include Peachy Keens (now Not-The-Big-Wok!) and Zizzi.

All good fun!