[Nottingham] Jason's moan (was: Ubuntu Alternate install (Was: [Talk] *TODAY* Wednesday 02/03/2011 btrfs: A Better File System? Or a COW?))

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 09:08:30 UTC 2011

>Strange... And 64-bits?... Why the 'alternate' install for that?
Needed to use the alternate as I wanted to try out a RAID0 config (got
"/boot" in non-RAID and I do keep back-ups).  Got it installed from the
minimal CD OK.  Weird thing is, when I tried the failing discs in a virtual
image, they worked fine.

>Does the media that you're burning pass an md5 check?
Yeah, all passed.  That was the weird thing.

It's in now, although I was half asleep and ended up with a root partition
bigger than I wanted, but that's hardly the end of the world.  I'll probably
flatten it again in about six months anyway.

J.