[Nottingham] Advice on best tablet sub £150

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 23 17:08:44 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 14:40 +0000, e-mail gadget.pat wrote:
> An aside, has anyone else had problems sending email in the last few
> days with the Virgin service?  I have had to log on through the web
> interface to send a reply as Thunderbird says there is a problem.  I
> don't have time to sort it now, but it is annoying.

You are sending from a Virgin connection aren't you?  Virgin will not
allow sending of emails by SMTP except when connected to their system
and logged in from your own broadband connection.  When I'm away, I send
via a GMX connection and make the 'from' field in Evolution my own
address. (Thunderbird can do this too).

I agree with current thinking about a netbook.  My Dell Mini 10v came
with Ubuntu pre-installed and is small and light enough to pop in my
hand luggage along with loads of other stuff.  I use UbuntuOne to sync
with essential stuff from my PC and as e-mails are imap (even on Virgin)
they auto sync nicely.  I would have difficulty making all of that
happen on any current tablets I've looked at.

Regards,		Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/