[Nottingham] Advice on best tablet sub £150

Richard Hodgson rich at dearinternet.com
Wed Mar 23 14:52:55 UTC 2011

I've got Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop on my Acer Aspire One A150 (same as the A110,
but with a 160GB HDD instead of the SSD, I think?), upgraded to 1.5GB of
RAM. It's not the fastest in the world (not surprising, given it's a single
core Atom), but it works. Just don't expect the same level of multitasking
you might get with a larger laptop/desktop. Also, there are high capacity
batterie you can order from China if you're willing to wait. Totally worth
it in my opinion for 9-odd hours of battery life!

And at risk of blasphemy, Windows 7 runs pretty well on it too ;)