[Nottingham] Considering the last talk...

stripes stripes at roppa.demon.co.uk
Sun May 1 00:44:12 UTC 2011

When I came to live in the UK twenty odd years ago it was a relatively
free county but since then it has slipped into George Orwell's
nightmare vision of 1984. I find it sad that the only person on the
list that seems to be able to see this is Sergiusz Pawlowicz, maybe
because he lived under oppression in communist Poland and can see
Britain going that way fast. The computer laws in the UK probably
criminalize all of us if the police really want them too. I'm sure
most of us have an encrypted zip file somewhere we  have forgotten the
password to for example, I know I have.

I also tend to think that if someone hacks into a secured router to
upload porn the police are going to cause you a lot more grief than if
your router was open.