[Nottingham] Writing Linux Kernel Functions In CUDA With KGPU

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Sat May 7 16:41:37 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> Given a multi-user server, could a malicious user (or just an
> inquisitive student/academic) eavesdrop on another user by monitoring
> the GPU VRAM that is used as workspace for other users?...

I suppose there might be theoretical exploits if the GPU memory isn't
protected by the same sort of MMU as the system RAM. But there will
still be some protection, in the same way that a dual UART chip might
provide two serial ports, how much do we worry about the legitimate
user of one port being spied on by another?

-Cam