[Nottingham] What mobile to get?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri May 20 14:01:20 UTC 2011

On 20 May 2011 13:32, Benjamin Crowe <sneblot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Not sure if this will be classed as off topic or not but I'm soon to be in

It includes Android and hence Linux does it not?...

> phone, these are the Nokia N900, HTC Wildfire and the HTC Desire. My
> question is does anyone on this list own any of these models? If so what is

The HTC Wildfire is physically smaller and lighter than the Desire
which is a very good plus for carrying it around and putting it in
your pocket. The only possible downside is that the screen resolution
for the Wildfire is below the minimum required by a few games apps.
Even so, it is more than clear enough for texting and the very
occasional remote server bashing.

I've found the Wildfire to work very well. It's not blazingly fast but
it works fast enough. Surprisingly good optical zoom on the camera,
and fair quality image for that type of device. Simply, it works.

Consider looking at later devices for their better screen quality.
However, it all depends on what you want to use it for.