[Nottingham] What mobile to get?

Mat Booth mbooth at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 20 14:16:24 UTC 2011

There's a project called IcedRobot: http://www.icedrobot.org/

Which aims, as I understand it, to provide the Android class libraries
on top of an unmodified OpenJDK so that you are able to run Android
apps on any platform that has a standard JRE. Presumably the Android
apps need a recompile for this to work because the stock Hotspot JVM
obviously doesn't support Dalvik bytecode.

Here's a screenshot showing it in action: http://labb.zafena.se/?p=435

It's a neat project, but far from viable right now. And the source
*is* available, by the way. ;-)

Mat

--
Mat Booth