[Nottingham] Key signing parties ?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 17:59:31 UTC 2011

Nick,

Welcome to the group...

> I've live near Nottingham and I've recently signed up to the list.
> I have to declare a motive, I need to get some web-of-trust signatures
> on my GPG key to help me go through the Debian New Maintainer process.
>
> Whilst I was looking for victims, err sorry people with well connected
> keys to beg a signature off, I found at least one other list member who
> is also interested in getting their key signed.  Browsing through the
> list archives it seems like a while since there's been a NottsLUG key
> signing party.  Would there be any interest in organising something soon
> at a pubmeet or similar ?  Am willing to help, of course.

And we're always game :-)

If you like, you can have a 15 minute slot at the start of our next
talk to explain what GPG key signing is all about and to plead your
case! Let the list know.

Next talk is Wed 7/12/2011 on/in Virtual Worlds. See:

http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/category/events/upcoming

for a list of what we're doing next.

If you're really quick, will be good to see you tonight:

http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/2011/10/ubuntu-uk-happy-hour/614

Have fun!