[Nottingham] Jobs at Heart Internet

Nick Leverton nick at leverton.org
Wed Nov 23 22:12:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:15:39PM +0000, Eben Till wrote:
> Applied when it was on Monster and heard nothing back, heart breaking ;)

Another person here who never heard back from them, not very inspiring
of their quality of communication.  It would seem they haven't filled
it yet either - which is another warning sign that what they advertise
is not what they want ...

> while we're on the topic of careers, I feel ashamed by my poor grades, is
> there anything I can do to show an employer I'm just abysmal at exams and
> I'm not a complete dunce?

IME employers don't look at exam results anyway, I've only ever been
quizzed on what I'd done/knew.  I wouldn't worry about it, just find a
way to show how what you have done benefited your employer i.e. highlight
their gains as much as your technical accomplishments.  Bonus points if
you can relate those gains to something in the ad you're applying for ...
but things are not easy at the moment I have to say :-(

Nick