[Nottingham] Silently BLACKLISTED!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 14:14:55 UTC 2012

On 20/04/12 14:12, Aritra Dalal wrote:
> Well, I suppose default settings on spam related settings may differ
> from a standard google email account... have a look at that

Not sure what user spam settings you mean...

For Google: Does anyone bother to 'train' the system for what is or
isn't spam? And does that work?

For myself, I use fetchmail to retrieve mail from BOTH the Google inbox
and the spam folder due to the number of genuine emails lost in Google's
interpretation of what might be spam...

Meanwhile, further experimenting shows that using Google webmail, I can
email my ntlworld.com address and my .co.uk addresses fine including
with the spam triggering ml1 and .co.uk.

So it looks like the problem is at the VirginMedia side of the mail
relays, and also for spam filtering at "plus.net" and "synacor.com".

Is there /really/ so much spam flying around with forged ml1 headers/links?!

And still: How do I go about getting that un-spammed?

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg