[Nottingham] Opinions on Zinio?

Dan Caseley dan at caseley.me.uk
Mon Apr 23 13:56:01 UTC 2012

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but...

I've had my reply from Future Publishing - there's no access to the PDFs.
It even says so here:
http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/content/lp/linuxformat/

I mailed Zinio about the same issue, and they were very kind and gave me a
free issue as a taster. It's very readable, and not at all as flashy as I'd
expected - it's mostly just page hyperlinks from the contents
page. Hyperlinks for URLs are active too, but irritatingly open in a
browser wrapper in-app rather than firing out to the system default,
robbing you of any browser tools.

Am I mad to want an assurance that I'll always be able to read my digital
copy of the magazine forever, even though I'm currently recycling my paper
copies?