[Nottingham] Crashing Firefox

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 07:22:04 UTC 2012

On 20/08/12 22:16, Martin wrote:
> The weather is rather hot at the moment, and your machine must have been
> running for a good few years now... Is it choked up with dust and
> perhaps overheating? (ALL the fans must be clean, including all of CPU,
> GPU and PSU...)
I would expect that to result in a full-thermal cut-out, a few minutes
after the PC has sounded like it is attempting to achieve lift off!  But
Martin is right, hot PCs are unhappy PCs.  I semi-regularly give the
inside of mine a vacuum* and I was still staggered at what the
compressed air got out (Amazon, pack of 5 is about £12).

Can't hurt.

J.
*Building dust gets /everywhere/!