[Nottingham] Oh how I laughed

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 15:40:17 UTC 2012

On 2 December 2012 13:42, Jason Irwin <jasonirwin73 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, if you boot from a USB stick; this Dell will switch it off.
> How very clever.  Oh my yes.

I wonder if Canoncial has been hiring ex-Dell engineers, because I see that
have decided to be supremely helpful in making life difficult.
Want to install on to a RAID?  Or maybe so something even marginally off
the "happy, clicky button, no need to think path"?  Well tough.  You are
not allowed.

I had heard of the alternate CD being dropped but hadn't realised this
meant they were throwing away clear, simple and easy to use tools for RAID
(LLVM is still there, but only if you want to nuke your entire disc).
Clearly Canonical (or more correctly, the Ubuntu Release Team) don't want
to be taken seriously any more and would rather you used something else.
Windows 8, maybe?

So bang goes my idea of installing 12.10 and dropping Cinnamon on top.

More updates as the situation develops...

Jason "Not a happy camper" Irwin